Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Reality bites...

..the Big Apple. According to an article published in the New York Times on Tuesday, 4/27/10, one of the networks has slated the release of a new reality show focused around the sex lives of "older" women.

I understand that reality shows are prevalent TV fare these days, although I have never seen one, and do not share the seemingly national fascination of peeking into other people's made up lives.

Don't get me wrong, I am every bit as much a voyeur as the next person but I have no desire to live vicariously through someone else's producer created reality. Nor do I need to bolster my spirits by comparing my somewhat boring life to the complications generated by TV writers for the consumption of the masses.

I also agree wholeheartedly that a healthy sex life is essential to our well being as humans. That being said, do I want to tune into hear a 63 year old woman talk about vibrators and manual manipulation, or daring to leave the house without her panties. Hell, no! I'd rather experience things for myself (sorry, Mom).

Geriatric sex, Jerry Springer, wrestling. No wonder I don't watch TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment