Thursday, April 29, 2010

The pot calls the ...

...kettle black. If you look at the upper left hand corner of this webpage, you will see that the first line of caution when entering my domain clearly states that I leave no human suffrage unmolested, including my own.

I have never considered myself an intellect, but always prided myself informed and well-read enough to be capable of conversing with a wide variety of folks from different walks of life. Indeed, I boast among my acquaintances a head hunter, a psychologist, a teaching fellow, and a cast of otherwordly characters and crew. Some of these charitables actually consider me an equal.

So, tonight when a market analyst engaged my jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none mentality, I immediately began spouting market trends and vulnerability (based on my 6th grade social studies as opposed to my 6th grade math). He didn't fall for it.

I have never met a more analytical person in my life. My entire argument that all "forecasters" be it weather, astrology, climatic, etc, etc, follow a recorded and proven cycle in history, was heralded by this individual. He quoted the "Kondratiev Wave" to explain our current fiscal crisis. Somebody finally shut me the hell up.

Who cares what color the pot or the kettle are, if you are drowning in the water

No comments:

Post a Comment