Friday, September 24, 2010

People often seem incredulous....

...when I tell them that I do not watch TV. I have never seen a reality show, have missed all of the most popular series, disdain "daytime TV", couldn't quote you a single word from Oprah or Martha, and think that Donald Trump is a product of self promotion and marketing.

I am insulted when advertisers use talking bleach bottles and toilets to pitch their products, and extremely annoyed when after watching three minutes of programming am forced to endure six minutes of double decibel advertising. I am incredulous at the American public's ability to sit through hours of mind numbing nonsense and actually tell themselves they are being entertained.

Pick up a book, go for a walk, have a conversation. I forgot, with the onslaught of texting, people don't do that anymore. Just turn off the idiot box.

No comments:

Post a Comment