Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The buzzword...

...I've been hearing lately among my friends is, balance. In the past few days both my male and female friends have been using this term in reference to themselves, others, and life in general.

I had been considering the topic of philosophical vs. critical thinking for some time, as I continually find myself drawn to brilliant minds. Being a philosophical thinker these attractions to critical thinkers may be an unconscious effort in an attempt at balance. Or maybe it's just the packaging.

Oddly enough, I find that on life issues people generally come to rest in the same areas. They simply take very different paths to arrive there. We all enjoy the thrill of extremes and yet crave the comfort of consistency. Life is a balancing act of ego and empathy.

Surely, a spectacle to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment