Monday, August 16, 2010

On Friday I was....

...reminded that laughter truly is the best medicine. I heard a story that made me laugh so hard I cried, my cheeks and my abs hurt, and I nearly..well, if you're a woman, you know.

As a result of this, I concluded that in my lifetime I have been, and am currently, surrounded by people who have been kind to me rather than those who have not. Yet as dictated by human nature, I have had a tendency to focus on the negatives thereby causing myself missed opportunities through behavior learned by pain rather than joy.

Although a slow and arduous process, I am happy to realize I am learning to let go of the sorrow, as I have sorely missed the simple pleasure of laughing. Thank you to all the friends and family who lifted and held me up recently.

The future has regained some of its promise and I am looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment