Friday, July 30, 2010

In a city like NYC...

..if you have the means, you virtually never have to leave your apartment. Food and all other sundries are delivered to your door, your laundry and/or dry cleaning are picked up and delivered upon completion, people walk your pets, etc, etc etc.

So this past week I nearly entered the frustration zone when it literally took me four days to procure something as mundane as a cell phone battery. I understand that we live in a disposable society, but not every one wants to be or can afford to be so frivolous. The mentality being that, it's easier to get a new phone than a new battery is indicative of how selfish we are as a society.

I have finally figured out how people stay so busy doing nothing at all.

3 comments:

  1. Didn't they make a TV show about that very subject set in New York, a show about nothing at all, Seinfield.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bev: this has little to do with today's post. But I wanted you to know that Lil and I are moving this weekend, to the upper West Side. I'll still drop into your bar as often as I can, but I thought you might like to know.
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck, Dave. You guys will be missed. Moving can be pretty stressful, so I hope things go smoothly. Since you're not leaving the island I hope to see you from time to time, we still haven't settled all the world's issues!

    ReplyDelete