Monday, May 31, 2010

I generally don't...

..read critic's reviews. I am a fairly strong minded and somewhat stubborn person, so I like to form my own opinions of things. I have heard both positive and negative reviews of people who actually saw Avatar, and people who merely have opinions of everything. This is my blog, so here's mine.

I watched Avatar at home on my 46" TV and it was visually stunning. I can only imagine what it must have been like on the big screen and in 3D. Even more impressive than the CG's was the completely moving adaptation of the genocide of the native American people. The telling of this story was an uplifting tribunal to the human spirit. The underlying love story was indicative of the fact that we need not be clashing cultures; and finally, this movie was a warning of planetary matricide.

I know this sounds naive to some of you, but I love a happy ending.

1 comment:

  1. Hey....welcome back. Sounds as though you had a great time. Dave

    ReplyDelete